We are taking our local grassroots organization, The Great Santa Cruz Trail Group, to the next level and need someone to help us achieve our goal of providing the best active transportation possible on the unused coastal corridor in Santa Cruz County. You can read more about our plan at www.greatsantacruztrail.com.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for The Great Santa Cruz Trail Group's programs, events, outreach, fundraising and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of the issues and then be the face of the organization to translate our growing grass roots support into public policy.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local excellence in execution of programs, presentations and outreach, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize The Great Santa Cruz Trail Group volunteers, event committees, partnering organizations, and donors.
- Maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors.
- Lead, coach and develop The Great Santa Cruz Trail Group's base of activists and volunteers.
- Ensure effective systems to track and regularly evaluate programs, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Create web-based fundraising and donor outreach to maintain the organization’s self-sufficiency.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities. Present to community groups and other local stakeholders to communicate goals of The Great Santa Cruz Trail Group.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to The Great Santa Cruz Trail Group's mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, organizational, multi-tasking, communications and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- BA/BS, with at least 5+ years of relevant experience; track record of effectively leading and managing in anoutcomes-based organization; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have been effective in a young organization.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and develop high-performance volunteers and committees, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills including the use of social media.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative; able to succeed and be resourceful with few resources.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with similar jobs of this type.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Feb. 10, 2017